old page listing HA success-stories?

james pruett
Hi,

I am looking for HA success stories written around year 2000.
Are those pages around anywhere ??
I sent in one and want to show it to some people in need of HA....

Thanks for any leads!

-Jim

Antw: old page listing HA success-stories?

Ulrich Windl
<CAHymeZrLUQ+eBMwREFLFvpFBrZq_S4648o=[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for HA success stories written around year 2000.

I wonder which hardware and software used at that time is still around at the state it had 2000. I wonder why you's want that unless you want to show the progress mad in this field sinc ethen...

> Are those pages around anywhere ??
> I sent in one and want to show it to some people in need of HA....
>
> Thanks for any leads!
>
> -Jim

Re: old page listing HA success-stories?

Lars Ellenberg
On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 06:57:40PM -0500, james pruett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for HA success stories written around year 2000.
> Are those pages around anywhere ??

You may be referring to http://linux-ha.org/SuccessStories/
But they are outdated by a decade at least.
(There are entries referring to heartbeat 0.4!)

        Lars

> I sent in one and want to show it to some people in need of HA....
>
> Thanks for any leads!
>
> -Jim

Re: old page listing HA success-stories?

james pruett
I hope I am using the list correctly....

Yes, i want to show some folks a solution from the past.
(We need one for our Oracle, .Net system, so I was showing off my old
work...)
I don't have access to the hardware or even the people that support it.
If I can get that info, I will pass it along.

Initially, we used expensive, but highly supported hardware, like blades
from IBM.
We loaded them using pxe <http://etherboot.org/wiki/pxe>, so they were
guaranteed identical...
I got pretty good at typing "ifconfig".....

Thanks Lars and Ulrich!

-jim