Heartbeat packages for Redhat-7

Yogendramummaneni Prasad
Hello,

At the moment, we are using heartbeat on RedHat-5.8 using the below
packages:
[root@p118278vaps2011 ~]# rpm -qa|grep heartbeat
heartbeat-2.1.4-11.el5
heartbeat-stonith-2.1.4-11.el5
heartbeat-pils-2.1.4-11.el5

Now we are planning to upgrade the OS to Redhat-7.0.
I could not find the same heartbeat packages for RedHat-7.0 on the internet.

Could you please confirm if the heartbeat packages are available for
RedHat-7.0

Thanks Inadvance,
Yogendra.

Re: Heartbeat packages for Redhat-7

Lars Ellenberg
On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 12:16:38PM +0100, Yogendramummaneni Prasad wrote:

> Hello,
>
> At the moment, we are using heartbeat on RedHat-5.8 using the below
> packages:
> [root@p118278vaps2011 ~]# rpm -qa|grep heartbeat
> heartbeat-2.1.4-11.el5
> heartbeat-stonith-2.1.4-11.el5
> heartbeat-pils-2.1.4-11.el5
>

> Now we are planning to upgrade the OS to Redhat-7.0.
> I could not find the same heartbeat packages for RedHat-7.0 on the internet.
>
> Could you please confirm if the heartbeat packages are available for
> RedHat-7.0

Those versions are almost seven years old.

You can use heartbeat 3.0.6 (if you only use "haresources" mode).

If you use "crm" mode, you need to realize that the "crm" component
has been split off into its own project years ago: Pacemaker.

For "CRM" mode, if you want to stick with heartbeat, you use
heartbeat 3.0.6 and Pacemaker 1.1.12 (with LINBIT patches),
or Pacemaker 1.1.13 (soon to be released, including those patches).

If you don't have any particular reason to keep using heartbeat,
the recommended cluster stack is Corosync + Pacemaker,
which is what you get with the RHEL 7 "native" HA cluster.

For more about Pacemaker, visit clusterlabs.org,
subscribe to [hidden email],
or join on freenode #clusterlabs

--
: Lars Ellenberg
: http://www.LINBIT.com | Your Way to High Availability

Re: Heartbeat packages for Redhat-7

Digimer-2
On 03/04/15 06:03 PM, Lars Ellenberg wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 12:16:38PM +0100, Yogendramummaneni Prasad wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> At the moment, we are using heartbeat on RedHat-5.8 using the below
>> packages:
>> [root@p118278vaps2011 ~]# rpm -qa|grep heartbeat
>> heartbeat-2.1.4-11.el5
>> heartbeat-stonith-2.1.4-11.el5
>> heartbeat-pils-2.1.4-11.el5
>>

>> Now we are planning to upgrade the OS to Redhat-7.0.
>> I could not find the same heartbeat packages for RedHat-7.0 on the internet.
>>
>> Could you please confirm if the heartbeat packages are available for
>> RedHat-7.0
>
> Those versions are almost seven years old.
>
> You can use heartbeat 3.0.6 (if you only use "haresources" mode).
>
> If you use "crm" mode, you need to realize that the "crm" component
> has been split off into its own project years ago: Pacemaker.
>
> For "CRM" mode, if you want to stick with heartbeat, you use
> heartbeat 3.0.6 and Pacemaker 1.1.12 (with LINBIT patches),
> or Pacemaker 1.1.13 (soon to be released, including those patches).
>
> If you don't have any particular reason to keep using heartbeat,
> the recommended cluster stack is Corosync + Pacemaker,
> which is what you get with the RHEL 7 "native" HA cluster.
>
> For more about Pacemaker, visit clusterlabs.org,
> subscribe to [hidden email],
> or join on freenode #clusterlabs

To expand on/provide background to Lars' answer:

https://alteeve.ca/w/History_of_HA_Clustering

Also, please subscribe to "Clusterlabs" mailing list, as is show in
Lars' footer.

--
Digimer
access to education?

Re: Heartbeat packages for Redhat-7

Dimitri Maziuk
On 2015-04-03 17:03, Lars Ellenberg wrote:

> You can use heartbeat 3.0.6 (if you only use "haresources" mode).

You can google for ticket # but basically epel heartbeat maintainer
replied to my rfa with "I don't use heartbeat anymore so no". I meant to
post that here but forgot.

So there is no heartbeat rpm for el7 in the usual repos. Does
clusterlabs have one?

Dimitri

Re: Heartbeat packages for Redhat-7

Yogendramummaneni Prasad
Thank you Lars for clarifying.
I will see what I can use in our environment.

Thank you again,
Yogi.